July [ Julio] 2026

Being middle aged is hard lol. 

I have very little energy these days and now that I have a job (yes, you red that correctly) I have even less. But il try put a little something out there for the people.

It's been a long, hot month. Staying cool has been the first order of business, and AC isn't as common here. There are grocery stores that don't even have it. Bizarre, right?

So we took a trip to Graus at the beginning of the month. We finally got to see the monastery there, which was beautiful, and wandered the blissfully low traffic streets taking pictures. Took a walk by the river, which naturally Beau got into (hey, all the locals were doin it...) and had a pint. It was the highlight. 


There is a Longaniza festival, but we didn't make it to that (the timing just didn't work out) but long story short Graus is known for making its own special sausage and during the festival they cook a 1 kilometer long batch of it for the people to eat and share. Yes. 1 kilometer. All at once. I'm told it's impressive so we definitely plan to try to make it next year. We heard about an apartment there that we might look into moving too. Benabarre is cool and all, but Graus is a much larger town with more to do. We'll see 

I got a job, nothing crazy, just cleaning like before. Its not hard and it's something to do. So I've been extra tired from the shift in my schedule, but I'm acclimating.

Beau got a chance to do some work for a lovely expat couple in Broto and my god it looked beautiful there.

All in all, a good month. Hot though.so we've been laying low, going to the Huerto at night to harvest melons, tomatoes, and peppers, oh my! And lettuce... And potatoes... It's been a good summer, but I sure and ready for fall.

But we still have a ways to go... One big thing here coming up next month is the biannual Savages Ball. The town here is getting all prettied up for it. I will have the details next month, but Robert gets to have a speaking roll in the show this year and I think that's pretty special.


That's all I have energy for for now. Sorry it was late this month.i very nearly skipped it, I tell ya.

💕

Comments

Popular Posts